Monday, March 28, 2005

Crockpot I LOVE ME SOME GARLIC! Chicken

Recipe sent by Debbie:

2 t thyme
2 t rosemary
2 t sage
2 t parsley
1 can chicken broth
40 cloves peeled garlic (frankly, I'm lazy, I buy 1 of those small jars of ready-minced garlic and use the whole thing)
1 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
3 lb whole chicken or chicken parts (I use boneless skinless breastes)
2 stalks sliced celery


If using a whole chicken-
Mince herbs.
Stuff cavity with half the herbs.
Put celery in bottom of the crock. (this is a trick that can help us posties a lot. Celery or potatoes in the bottom of a crock helps raise the meat out of the bottom, where it would soak in its own fat.)
Put chicken on top of celery.
Pour chicken broth around chicken.
Add garlic around chicken.
Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper over chicken.
Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken from crock to serving platter.
If desired-
Squeeze roasted garlic out of skins onto chicken or low carb bread or crackers and spread with a knife.



Wow, all these garlic chicken recipes are becoming quite popular. I will soon post about the garlic mushroom chicken I made on Friday, with pictures.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Oooh! I tried this recipe last night with my very picky daughter and she and I absolutely love it! Thank you for a great recipe.

Julia said...

Debbie, thanks for writing this recipe. I cooked this recipe last week and thankfully, my husband like it. He said that it was really delicious food. It was great recipe.