* 3/4 to 1 lb pizza dough
* 6-8 ripe plum tomatoes
* 2 tablespoon finely chopped red onion (optional)
* 2 cloves to 2 buds crushed garlic
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or several tablespoon of pesto
* 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar or lemon juice
* 1-4 tablespoon olive oil
* 1-2 teaspoon or tablespoon chilli paste (found in Asian
section of supermarket)
* salt & pepper to taste
* 10-20 pitted kalmatta olives, chopped
* Parmesan, grated
Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds. Chop tomatoes into small dice; place in bowl. Add onion, garlic, basil or pesto, vinegar or lemon juice, chili paste, olives, salt & pepper to taste.
Let stand for about an hour. Drain liquid if desired. Roll out pizza dough into a thin rounded rectangle. Bake pizza dough at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Spread with tomato mixture.
Top with the Parmesan. Enjoy. (As for the garlic, go big or go home!!)
Picture courtesy of The Wingnuterer.