Thursday, June 9, 2005

Sarah's Ceasar Dressing

On Saturday I went to Julia's 25th birthday party. It was so much fun. There were hamburgers, hot dogs and a delicious garlic-intensive caesar salad, which I got the recipe for.
There were two guys speaking French and miraculously, after 5 beers I started speaking French with them. I was a bit surprised with myself since I thought I had forgotten all the French I learned when I went to school in Switzerland. Well, apparently not. I asked them (in French of course) where they were from and they said from France. Now, no wonder I understood everything they said and could carry on a conversation with them, THEY WERE NOT FROM QUEBEC!

Here's the recipe:
Marinate 4 cloves of garlic (sliced in half) in oil 24 hours in advance.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
1 cup oil (preferably olive oil)
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 lemons
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
5 cloves garlic
1 egg
anchovies, if you want (the salad that I ate had the anchovies on the side, just in case some people didn't like them)

Directions:
Mix together oil, cheese, onion, garlic powder, oregano & egg.
Crush 1 clove of garlic into mixture.
Squeeze juice from lemons into the mix.
Add the anchovies.

I really, really recommend this dressing, just thinking of it makes my stomach growl. It is so delicious.

No comments: