Sunday, June 5, 2005

Garlic Meatloaf

Recipe sent by Laura: My mother tought me to make this with no measurments, but last week I estamated and I would like to share this recipe. My husband says that it's the reason he married me!..HA HA!

GARLIC MEATLOAF

3lbs. ground beef
2 1/2 lg. cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 lg. red onion, chopped
1 1/2 c. bread crumbs (Torn hamb. or hot dog bunns work better than reg. bread)
2 eggs
1/4 c. colby cheese
4oz. crushed tomatoes
1pkg. store brand meatloaf mix

Heat oven to 400 deg.
Mix all ing. well with hands, and form into a loaf
Flatten into appropriatly sized baking dish (I use glass)
Cook 1 hr. without opening oven door
After 1 hr. lightly cover top with katsup
An additional 30 min. it should be cooked through and have a nice brown crust
Cool 15 min. and serve

Home style mashed potatoes are a great side!!
Hope everyone else enjoys this as much as my family has!

No comments: