The CookingDiva posted the recipe for Garlic shrimp:
* 2 pounds large shrimp, cleaned, shelled
* 15 cloves garlic, peeled (add more if you want)
* 1/2 cup green bell pepper, stems and seeds removed, and chopped
* 1 cup onion, chopped
* 3 1/2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
* 1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
* 8 Tablespoons hot melted butter or olive oil
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the garlic in a small sauce pot with enough water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil, and then lower to a simmer until the garlic cloves are soft (about 20 minutes). Drain the water and refresh the garlic cloves with cold water. Allow to cool. Mince the cooked garlic.
2. Melt butter in a sautee pan, add the chopped onion and cook until translucent, then blend in the chopped bell pepper and cook for one more minute. Add the shrimp, lime juice, cilantro (or parsley), chopped cooked garlic, and cook until the shrimp is done (about 3-5 minutes) or until pink. PLEASE, Do not over cook! Rubbery shrimp is a gastronomical aberration! :(
3. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and drizzle the garlic butter over it.
Serve with steamed white rice and lime wedges.
Yield: 5-6 servings