The Cooking Diva sent an email to the link for her olive roasted head of garlic. You can find it here (and it has a nice picture on it).
Here is a copy of the recipe and of her post:
Garlic joy..., that is what I feel right now! Oh my garlic..., Oh my delicious roasted garlic... There is nothing better than a fresh roasted head of garlic to have with a still warm loaf of French bread. And I say loaf, because when you start would be very difficult to stop! :)
Now, I am going to present you a list of reasons why this recipe is a MUST for your life:
1. It is so easy to prepare, always a good thing to have in the fridge ready. A delicacy like this is very expensive to purchase already prepared..., just take a look at the gourmet shop near you, or at the supermarket..., and you will see what I mean.
2. The health benefits of the garlic are widely known, including the fact that is considered a mosquito repellent (that in my case would be of great help, because they LOVE me!). It is believed that if you eat a large amount of garlic then it actually seeps out through the pores of your skin. Any intelligent mosquito which finds you will think twice before taking a bite. You can read more on the health benefits of eating garlic HERE.
3. There are so many scrumptious recipes you could prepare with roasted garlic, why do not you try now?
4 heads of garlic
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 500 F. Trim the stems of the garlic heads by 1/2-inch.
2. Place the garlic heads, cut side up, in a small baking dish and drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then add the water to the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown on top.
3. Remove the baking dish from the oven and let the garlic cool completely. Then, squeeze carefully the garlic out from the skins.
4. Serve with slices of French bread and garnish garlic with little olive oil and parsley on top.