Sunday, January 30, 2005

"Mojo de ajo" (garlic) Prawns/Crayfish

Langostinos/camarones al mojo de ajo.

This a super easy Spanish/Mexican recipe. It was eating this, when I was about 8 years old, that I became a garlic fan.


Here's part of my brother eating garlic prawns.

Go to the market and choose big nice prawns or crayfish.
Get two heads of garlic.
A whole bunch of parsley.
Olive oil.
Salt to taste.
This recipe turns out better if made in an earthenware clay pot.

Clean (but don't peel) prawns or crayfish, get them ready to cook.
Cut garlic into slivers.
Chop parsley.

Heat olive oil in pot and fry garlic until golden brown (you have to be really careful not to let the garlic burn or the whole taste of the dish will change). They will turn out to look like mini potato chips, that's what we want.
Add parsley and then fry prawns or crayfish until cooked. Add salt to taste.

It's THAT easy, and super delicious. When I was little I didn't quite eat the prawns, I mainly just sat there and ate the garlic. When eating the prawns, you can also squeeze some lime juice on them (like my brother is doing in the picture).
ENJOY!

No comments: