Garnish with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.If anyone can get a picture of this send it my way, I'd love to publish it!
Recipe Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat evaporated milk
- 1 medium size bulb of garlic, or 12 cloves
- 2 tablespoons lowfat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
1. Combine 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk and garlic cloves in a pan, heat and simmer until garlic is soft (about 15-20 minutes). Milk will reduce a little.
2. In a blender, puree milk and garlic mixture with cream cheese until smooth.
3. Return mixture to pan and add 1/2 cup nonfat milk and cornstarch. Heat to simmer. Sauce will thicken slightly. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
4. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss sauce with cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper and serve with parsley sprinkled on top. Serve remaining parmesan cheese separately.
Friday, January 20, 2012
Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
Robert from the Ricketville Garlic Farm (awesome website, with lots of info about garlic) just sent this recipe. It's been posted on their Garlic Blog and sounds so delicious. Enjoy!