This is garlic-intensive, and has one of my favourite ingredients: chick peas!
1 Cup Chopped onion
1 cup rice
8 large garlic cloves, slivered
1 cup canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
2 cups water
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
1 Cup frozen green beans, thawed
1 Cup butternut squash
1 Cup broccoli florets
1 Cup canned and drained corn kernels
2 Teaspoons soy sauce
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and saute until golden.
2. Add garlic and fry it being careful not to burn it or it will turn bitter.
3. Add rice saute 1 minute.
4. Add 2 cups water and chicken bouillon; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly and cook until rice is tender and almost all liquid is absorbed, about 35
5. Uncover skillet and place green beans, chick peas, squash, broccoli and corn evenly over surface of rice. Cover and cook until vegetables are
crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Mix in soy sauce. Toss.