Friday, January 20, 2012

Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo

Robert from the Ricketville Garlic Farm (awesome website, with lots of info about garlic) just sent this recipe. It's been posted on their Garlic Blog and sounds so delicious. Enjoy!

Garnish with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Yield: 8 servings
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat evaporated milk
  • 1 medium size bulb of garlic, or 12 cloves
  • 2 tablespoons lowfat cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta

1. Combine 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk and garlic cloves in a pan, heat and simmer until garlic is soft (about 15-20 minutes). Milk will reduce a little.
2. In a blender, puree milk and garlic mixture with cream cheese until smooth.
3. Return mixture to pan and add 1/2 cup nonfat milk and cornstarch. Heat to simmer. Sauce will thicken slightly. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
4. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss sauce with cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper and serve with parsley sprinkled on top. Serve remaining parmesan cheese separately.
If anyone can get a picture of this send it my way, I'd love to publish it!

7 comments:

Juice said...

I have tried it and it is outstanding.

Juicer said...

WOW. I can taste it now. I love your site!

Mike said...

I want to buried in a garlic sauce.

Mark said...

There is nothing like fettuccine Alfredo generously covered with the taste and smell of garlic!!!

Will Cotterill said...

I really love garlic and so lucky to found this garlic recipe! I would love to cook this one.. thanks!

Sarah said...

This looks delicious and I imagine it'd work well with Music garlic and other gourmet garlics.

Garlic Health Benefits said...

Yummmy garlic is the best! I'm going to have to try this!

Thanks for the share :)